So. Well. So. There you have it. Hmmm

Dear dear Helen, Lilian, Archie, Sol and David,

Hello! Have you ANY idea how lovely it is to find the internets haven’t forgotten you as you so richly deserve to be forgotten? Any idea at all? I think I shall cry real pearls and sneeze opals. It’s that lovely. And then we shall all have tea.

Anyway. This year’s novel is a fantasy [Oh, so very true, in so many ways - Ed (you didn't think you'd get her back without me too, did you?)] about, well, stuff. Politics, ambition, sibling rivalry, loveless marriages of state, nations on the brink of war, assassination attempts, journeys across two continents and woolly mammoths [In a word, and I use this word judiciously: Overambitious].

Progress on novel so far: Me tearing house apart looking for marvellous, fabulous, glowingly wonderful notes I made last year, listing really cool names for all the characters, complete with etymologies. Tolkien would have been so proud. Have I found the notes? Have I buggery. Am I saying ‘Never mind!’ and yomping cheerfully onwards? Am I buggery.

Also, my NaNoWriMo word counter isn’t updating properly.

It’s day 3 and I’ve lost the will to live. Go me.

This entry was posted in NaNoWriMo 2008. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to So. Well. So. There you have it. Hmmm

1. SG V says:

Oh, I’ll settle down happily with a cuppa and attempt to wait peacefully to learn how the wooly mammoths and loveless marriages of state meet :)

If only because I then know you’ll have to continue to live. At least to hte end of the month

2. Helen says:

I’m so glad you’re back! I hope the notebook turns up, look, you know, I know it’s NaNoWriMo and everything but at least you haven’t been writing page five of chapter four for three months…. like, ahem, I’ve been doing. Not quite sure how I’ve managed this feat, I’ve been doing hours of work every day as well. Whoops, look at the time, it’s time to spend another 3+ hours on the same page. I think NaNoWriMo is good in that it makes you just keep writing and writing.

Hey, was the character in your last NaNoWriMo called Ian Happy? Put him this book! Go on! Go on! I like Ian Happy!

3. Titana says:

She’s back – yay!

You’re very brave to partake in NaNoWriMo again – I’d balk at the pressure I’d put on myself…

4. Fugitive Pieces says:

Oh, it’s so lovely to read you again. Salaams to the Editor, welcome back and may your bejewelled sinuses restrain themselves during NaNoWriMo.

Ian Happy is such a good name! Hope you find the notebook soon, if you haven’t already.

6. Sol says:

Back of the sofa? Propping up a bookself? The bathroom cabinet?

While your looking, can you find my hair bobble. It’s gone missing again. I know it’s around here somewhere…

7. Sol says:

Argh! ‘you’re’ not ‘your’.

*runs away from the editor*

8. Aphra Behn says:

I’m rather partial to Woolly Mammoths. Very partial, actually.

It’s delightful to have you back. :-D

A/B

9. JackP says:

You’re lucky. My word count is updating properly. Which, by my count means that I need to write around 15,000 words this weekend to catch up because I’ve not got round to doing much yet.

Oh well, I do like a challenge :-)

10. Flob Aylis says:

Aphra’s right about the Woolly Mammoths. They could be bringing them back and I really want a baby one for the garden – to keep the grass down and to scare off foxes, MILS, etc. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog

I’ve often mused about the possibility of training a sniffer dog to read, as it’s the only way I’m ever going to locate some of my lost paperwork. If I succeed, I’ll send him around your way.